Summer has come towards us. It’s time to go outside and enjoy the summer heat with your favorite people. If you’re planning to have a family gathering or party, you may be worried about how you’re going to hold the event successfully. Even if you don’t invite people, you can chill out at your house on your own. However, you’re going to need some tools for outdoor activities. Here are some furniture and decoration ideas you can utilize during summer, or even for all seasons.
Are you ready to offer your family the best summer experience? When you’ve finished reading this article, you’ll be in a position to enjoy summer with the best purchase decision ever.
✅ Best Outdoor Kitchen Grill
‘ONE OF THE BEST ON THE MARKET – This is BBQ you want, heats evenly and is well-built, the light feature to show that it is on is a nice function. The unit comes very well packaged also. Also it is a fair price for a Natural Gas built-in BBQ.’
✅ Best Cookware Set
‘Great Non-Stick Set-Never have issues with food sticking… Highly recommend getting this set if a smaller set that’s very non-stick is what you need! Don’t spend hundreds when this set for much cheaper works just as great.’
Table of Contents
Benefits of Outdoor kitchen
If you have experienced cooking your meals in the summer, you may know how much extra heat flows into your house. However, the best thing about the outdoor kitchen is that you don’t have to turn on the air conditioner after you cook. Cook outside, and bring your meal to your house, or dine outside if the weather is pleasant. In this case, there’s a greater chance to save on electricity bills by reducing the expense of the air conditioner.
Moreover, food gets easily spoiled or goes wrong quickly in the summer. Some scents from food make us cringe, and you might struggle to remove all these smells. However, if you decide to cook outside, you can keep away all the questionable, unknown bad smells from the food.
You can use the outdoor kitchen for entertaining purposes as well. It allows people to gather in a wider space without worrying too much about cleaning up. If you have a garden, you can even utilize food waste as fertilizer for plants. If your house is not big enough to fit all the kitchenware and furniture, a small barbecue grill would be a perfect option to place on your verandah or balcony to serve food to your favorite guests. If you have an outdoor pool, you can install a bar to serve good alcoholic drinks for your party.
A Portable Kitchen for a Small House
If you are living in a rented house or planning to move within the next few years, it is best to furnish your outdoor kitchen with portable appliances and features. For instance, a freestanding grill can be combined with mobile carts to create DIY counter space or a rollable island for the grilling area.
If you are not planning to move any time soon, designing and constructing an outdoor kitchen could be a satisfying idea for you to work on. After you have determined a location that suits your kitchen, you may start thinking about materials that can blend with the exterior of your house and are readily available in the area. In certain circumstances, it is beneficial to seek help from a person who can assist you with specific requirements.
However, when you search for a space for building the kitchen, make sure to keep it at least 10 feet away from the house in case of a fire.
- The L-shaped design – is a frequent and popular design layout since it fits in well with an open concept design. This is characterized by two walls forming an “L” shape.
- It offers a generous amount of space.
- The design is based on open space.
- This is likely to increase property values.
- Cons :
- It may not be suitable for multiple cooks.
- You may have more workspace to clean up.
- It can be challenging to find storage space in the corner of the kitchen.
- Linear, straight line
- It is easy to access all of the equipment, ingredients, and areas for food preparation within close proximity to one another.
- This is ideal for people who have limited living space. making the impression that the room is larger.
- It is easy to move extra space for additional workspace and dining areas, which makes it an ideal choice for people who are living in rented apartments.
- If you have limited space, you can choose furniture with a higher height to draw the eye upwards and provide essential storage without occupying extra floor space. Another option is to go with horizontal lines that are paired with larger drawers to direct the eye across your kitchen to give the impression that the space is actually larger than it actually is.
- The installation and material costs are much lower than for other types of kitchens since it takes a smaller number of items to prepare.
- There could be limited space for cooking when more than two people are cooking.
- It might not have enough storage space compared to L-shaped or U-shaped options.
- The workflow frequently slows down because of the linear-positioned kitchen components, such as the sink and refrigerator.
- The kitchen is U-shaped: three sides are lined with cabinets and outdoor equipment, forming the shape of a U, while the middle space of the kitchen is left open for an additional preparation area.
- It is most beneficial if you’re thinking of installing a bar or kitchen for entertainment purposes. It can easily accommodate guests for the greatest entertainment purposes in an outdoor space, as it can incorporate multiple working and cooking spaces.
- It might not be effective for small spaces.
Decoration You Can Add
- Dining tables – can bring together both dining and entertaining.
- Roof-to avoid harsh sunlight or rainy weather
- landscaping lighting – for a brighter mood
- pizza oven
- Herbs and vegetables
- Stainless Steel
- Stainless steel is the most popular option for food preparation because of its durability and hard-wearing characteristics. It is resistant to impact and corrosion.
- It is biologically inert because it is resistant to bacterial growth. It does not change the color or the flavor of the food. Also, it does not release any toxic substances and helps to prevent the contamination of food.
- Fingerprints and water spots might look messy.
- It may easily get heat from the sun and be hot to the touch.
- Easy maintenance and flexibility of the design
- It is long-lasting, inexpensive, and can be painted in almost any color.
- great durability and is resistant to heat.
- It may be susceptible to stains and scratches.
- It requires high maintenance and replacement since it is prone to cracking and breaking over time.
- classic and rich in style.
- Colors can fade, and high maintenance is required.
- It may need regular sealing to prevent the wood from breaking down.
- It may be susceptible to pests.
- resistant to rust and corrosion.
- A good conductor of heat like stainless steel may easily get hot to the touch.
- It is not affected by outdoor temperature variations and is resistant to heat; it warms slowly and retains the heat over a long time, making it an excellent choice for summer.
- Easy maintenance since external grime would not penetrate the stone; regular oiling and sealing may be needed.
- easily remove the scratches and dirt with any cleaning product you want
- HDPE (High-density polyethylene)
- plastic polymer used in many kitchen elements such as countertops, cabinets, cutting board or dining tables.
- high durability and has a long lifespan.
- not develop mold, rust, or decay.
🏡 Check out what garden lovers have purchased the most! 🏡