Want to make your own beautiful, aesthetic garden? There are so many options you can choose when you make a new place, but you might not be familiar with where to begin. Check this article, make passengers impressive and even improve your property value.
Start with Basic: Evaluate Garden Environment
If you’re not familiar with gardening and have no idea what to plant, you should start thinking about what your garden will look like. What kind of theme do you pursue, and how much space can you use for your garden? If you have a large garden, you can plant big trees to harvest fruits or anything you want. However, if you have a smaller space, that’s okay too. There’s always a way to solve the problem.
Tips For a small place
You can use fences, walls, garden sheds, pergolas, or trellises to place your plants smartly and easily. Another option would be buying hanging baskets for your front gardens. These items help you to place plants vertically, and it doesn’t take much space. Find space-saving, tables or chair sets for easy, instant seating to minimize the space.
Basic tools to make yourself more professional
If you’re a beginner with gardening, setting up basic tools should be the first purchase of the whole process. For example, you might need to trim your lawn for a better look at the garden. For this, you will need an edger or trimmer. There is a useful review article to help you purchase one. You can check an article from our websites to find the best leaf blower and removal tools.
Basic tools that you will need every day include:
- hand trowel
- hand fork
- watering can
If you finished setting all those items, now you can start replacing the decoration items you want, or decide whatever you want to plant.
Furniture can also is an excellent choice of decoration element while it gives you a comfortable vibe in your place. This is where you can express your taste in interior design, but there are a few more things you should be careful about. For example, some types of furniture need to be brought indoors in the off-season or covered with tarps. This is because they may be damaged by UV light, and wooden furniture might grow mold and spread it fast.
If you’re interested in its maintenance, you might want to read about it in this article on our blog too.
Attract wildlife animals
You can add bee-friendly plants, which help bees and other animals get their food. Common wildlife animals you can attract easily would be hedgehogs, as they are the best friends in your garden. They usually eat insects that might affect plant growth. You can create a way for them to pass through your garden easily by cutting a small door into a fence so that they can find their food easily.
Another way to feed wildlife can be by installing bird feeders or providing a water source for them. If you are thinking of feeding birds, try to purchase hull-free food. There are three reasons behind this.
- Birds defecate on plants, and leaves can be killed or weakened.
- Mold and harmful vermin thrive from the detritus of hulls and food thrown away by birds.
- Also, weeds can sprout in your garden, since the seed is still viable.
However, there are also other wildlife animals that people do not want in their gardens. For instance, some poisonous snakes can be harmful to your garden, and you might consider using repellent to prevent them. If you are interested in products that help you expel snakes easily, you can also check out this article.
Although there are a few points to pay attention to, there are still benefits to attracting wildlife. Wildlife animals are a big, important part of the garden’s ecosystem, and this would help you maintain a healthy, sustainable garden for a long time.
You can add simple aesthetic elements to your garden depending on your taste. These simple details can give a fresh view of your garden. For example, you can install a small pond, waterfall, birdhouse, garden swing, hammock, gazebo…etc. There are so many options you can choose from, even lighting, you can choose from fairy lights, festoon lights, standing lights, ground lights, or lanterns. Be creative and think about where you can place these items based on your personal taste.
Choose a focal point
Your garden will be more organized form once you decide on featured objects that grab your eye first. It could be status, artwork, trees, or anything you love. Here are some tips you can try:
- The focus plant can be a fruit tree in a pot in the center of the balcony or verandah.
- To grab attention, using a different color from others can be a good way. Place a small plant or groundcover around the base of the tree, this helps the eye to focus on the focal plant (tree) as it is the highest point.
- You may find a vast variety of outdoor artwork in many different forms. These can be your furniture, pots, or one of your art collections. This will help to assist to fit in your theme and even initiate a conversation with people when you invite them to your place.
- Choose plants with a variety of textures and colors for an eye-catching display. Different mixtures can be colors of leaves, patterns, and shapes, and these forms can all work together to create a beautiful image. A common color mixture of plants that goes never wrong would be a blue, purple, and white mixture. This principle was driven by a color palette, which is colors that are next to each other usually work well together. (Red/Yellow, Blue/Purple and so)
After setting these points, you are now all set. However, gardens sometimes easily can get messy if you don’t pay attention to their maintenance. Gardening is everyday work, and you’re now responsible for your own plants as you’re the one who manages them. Organize your space, and think about how beautiful your garden can be.
🏡 Check out what garden lovers have purchased the most! 🏡